New to Freenas and having write permission errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

{{INX}}

Cadet
Would anyone be kind enough to help me with some permission errors on Freenas? sorry new to the Freenas system this week and have everything up and running but having some write permission errors with certain plugins.

Sickbeard - All configuration is set and grabbing files fine but getting the following error:
SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: Failed to set permission for /media/TV Series/Ash vs Evil Dead/tvshow.nfo to 664

Sabnzbd - All configuration is set and downloading fine but getting the following error:
2015-11-25 18:38:00,325ERROR:Cannot change permissions of /Downloading/Newsgroups/Incomplete

If anyone can help, please let me know what additional info is required for this.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Are you using the plugins?

If so, they run as a user with ID 816. Have you created a user in FreeNAS with that ID?

If not, do so, and make that user's primary group wheel.

Make that user the owner of the dataset that you're using for storage for the plugins.

Report back.

{{INX}}

Cadet
Sorry I should of given a bit more info in the first post.
Build - FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201511040813
Yes I am using the plugins and I created a user and group named media with a uid of 816.
I also set in the option of SAB's webpage 'Permissions for completed downloads' to 777 but I guess that makes no difference if the plugin itself doesn't have overall permission.
I just checked the two datasets (Media & Downloading) that they belong to, and both have the owner set to 'media/media'. I have just noticed that I have a dataset (Main) above the two folders which is set to 'root/wheel', could it be this that is causing the issue?

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
I also set in the option of SAB's webpage 'Permissions for completed downloads' to 777
I don't have that set.
I have a dataset (Main) above the two folders which is set to 'root/wheel', could it be this that is causing the issue?
Could be. All my media are under one dataset owned by media:wheel, and as I implied earlier, my media user has wheel as its primary group.
dataset.png user.png

Status
Not open for further replies.