New Features in Nightlies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael De Cou

Explorer
Still trying to wrap my head around the whole 9.10 to corral, then suddenly back to 9.10 (11). I am trying to make my peace with that, but a few questions linger... Specifically, should we expect to see the VM templates we saw in Corral, such as the stripped-down docker host template? Also, should we expect to see the ability to point to docker repos and pull containers from them as we did in Corral? I for one had plenty of success with Corral, and am not ready to jump to 11 just yet. I did find the vm/docker creation to be tremendously easy (simple plex deployment, owncloud, etc) and would love to see that continued in 11.

FreeNASftw

Contributor
Great to see some excitement over the jails sticking around ;)

The user may not see many changes, as the overall technology is the same. But the power user, like the one who may write a plugin, will immediately notice a clear advantage. You won't need a wiki and a sacrifice to do it anymore!

As you noted @Tigersharke, the paths will change. As iocage has all of it's datasets under a POOL/iocage mountpoint. The cli syntax is also quite different. But for anybody using the GUI, the hope is you have no idea the transition took place unless you read the patch notes.

Is this why the Plugin tree menu doesn't work (running 11 nightlies - classic UI as NewUI doesn't let me access jails/plugins at all)? Is it looking in the wrong place?

mccann73

Dabbler

m0nkey_

MVP
Is FreeNAS 11 still expected to land today? 1-5-17? I still see 13 open tickets. The roadmap still says due in one day but for me in South Australia it's the 1st.
It'll be pushed out once it's ready. Don't count on the tracker for an accurate release date. Corral may have been on a strict release, but the existing 9.x code tends to come out when it's ready, not when it's supposed to. :)

In answer to your question, it might be released today, otherwise you'll have to wait just a little longer.

SavageAUS

Patron
It'll be pushed out once it's ready. Don't count on the tracker for an accurate release date. Corral may have been on a strict release, but the existing 9.x code tends to come out when it's ready, not when it's supposed to. :)

In answer to your question, it might be released today, otherwise you'll have to wait just a little longer.
That's fine with me :smile: was just after an update.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ManfredU

Dabbler
I'm still struggeling with the vnet configuration. The jails look ok, but when I add the following to rc.conf (via FreeNAS tunables), the interface em0 does not have the configured ip address any longer:

Code:
# set up two bridge interfaces for iocage
cloned_interfaces="bridge0 bridge1"

# plumb interface em0 into bridge0
ifconfig_bridge0="addm em0 up"
ifconfig_em0="up"

What could be the problem?

Brandon Schneider

Arbiter of iocage
iXsystems
Is it possible to have a separate mac addresses for the jails?

Currrently all IP addresses appear on the host interface, but I need to forward ports to the outside in the router and there can be only one ip addresse per mac address configured. I tried to follow the older iocage documentation for vnet in the hope that that help me, but then the web gui of freenas was no longer available and I had to boot an older boot configuration.

Yes you were following the right path. VNET is how you achieve this. You likely ran into problems as your web ui may have changed IP's since you attached your host interface to a bridge. I haven't noticed any of these issues, but if you still cannot get it, feel free to open a bug on iocage's bug tracker at https://github.com/iocage/iocage, it's easier to track then a forum :)

Brandon Schneider

Arbiter of iocage
iXsystems
I'm still struggeling with the vnet configuration. The jails look ok, but when I add the following to rc.conf (via FreeNAS tunables), the interface em0 does not have the configured ip address any longer:

Code:
# set up two bridge interfaces for iocage
cloned_interfaces="bridge0 bridge1"

# plumb interface em0 into bridge0
ifconfig_bridge0="addm em0 up"
ifconfig_em0="up"

What could be the problem?
You now need to supply an IP for em0, instead of just up.

Status
Not open for further replies.