need a better VPN service

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbartley

Explorer
I have my VPN service through proXPN and it seem to be limited in its compatibility specifically with my router which is flashed with DD-WRT. I would prefer a service that doesn't completely bottleneck most of my bandwidth which I do understand since I'm located in Amsterdam ;)!!! I tried the openVPN in FreeNAS but ran into a few problems but going through my router and doing policy base routing seems to be an easier solution. So with that said I'll take any suggestions on a paid VPN service preferably one that doesn't log.

Gonzalo

Patron
I'm using AirVPN and it works perfectly (and the price is really good: 54€ per year).

nick779

Contributor
Torguard has been pretty awesome for the 2 months Ive had it.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I can also Recommend NordVPN. Have been using it for a few months now. No logging of usage or connection. Home based in Panama, so they don't need to.
256bit AES OpenVPN protection, they also allow P2P filesharing, even accept Bitcoin and i've foud their support excellent so far (I only used it once). Respectable speed also.
They're having a sale at the moment for $36 per year.

swbartley

Explorer
Thanks everyone for the recommendations I think I'm going to spend a little money and try out a few of the services you all suggested and see what I get!!

Let us know if you made your final decision. Curious to know what your experience will be with different providers.

Zserver

Dabbler
I use BoxPN. It is reliable and fairly cheap ($3.00 / month when you do annual recurring payment).

Wolf666

Dabbler
Since you are based in Amsterdam I will give a chance to AirVPN, a lot of servers are based there.
I used that provider with my R7000 flashed with DD-WRT, now happy AirVPN user with my pfSense appliance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.