Multipaths not optimal - But all disks are OK? Except one disk... What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppumkin

Dabbler
Since I upgraded to FreeNAS 8 I had this message popping up - I never found what it meant but today it just bugged me to death and I wanted to fix it.

First of all I had FreeNAS 7 running dedicated on microserver, then upgraded to 8 upgrading my pool as well (4x1TB Raid5(ZFS)) - The message was showing up during dedicated install too!

Then I got annoyed with some missing features and the new plugin system ... anyway I installed windows server - put in 8GB Ram- Made a virtual machine with 4GB dedicated to FreeNAS. So I got Windows for all my windows notebooks at home and a great NAS solution .. all in one.

Please look at the screenshots - I have no idea what it means and it is confusing me. Is it OK or DEGRADED? Its telling me both.. arrrr

Volume status

mulitpatherror.jpg

View Multipaths...

degraded.jpg

Disks (only 3?? umm but it sees ada1 as multipath/disk1 OK Now im confused...)

disks.jpg

In vmware I made sure the correct drives are mapped - but after windows reboot one drive might have shifted to another location? wtf how is that possible.. any way i removed it and readded it-- no difference.

Here is dmesg output near detecting the drives.. it says it put ada1 into multipath.. what does that mean?

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.