Mounting a FreeNAS smb(cifs) share in an Ubuntu VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guanavia

Cadet
Hello all,

I'm having an issue getting Ubuntu to mount the cifs share from my FreeNAS server. I was hoping someone had some insight.

The Situation
I have a FreeNAS server running an smd share because I mainly share to Windows machines. That share works great on the windows machines but I'm trying to get it to mount in an Ubuntu VM running on the FreeNAS server and every time I try to mount I get "mount error(2): No such file or directory" I've also tried it on a different laptop running Ubuntu as well and that won't mount it either.

The fstab line is as follows:
Code:
//192.168.1.84/SkyNet /mnt/SkyNet cifs username=username,password=password,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8 0 0

I think I've narrowed the problem down to the FreeNAS server address because if I replace "192.168.1.84/SkyNet" with a shared folder from my windows box (//192.168.1.216/files) it mounts in /mnt/SkyNet exactly how it's supposed to and I have full access to it. But I know that's the right server IP and path.

I can ping and SSH into the FreeNAS server from the VM and both of those work fine. I can also ping/SSH to the VM from both my Windows box and from the FreeNAS shell and there are no problems there.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Guanavia

Cadet
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm not exactly sure how but I shut it down at the end of a frustrating day, booted it up the next day and was able to mount everything... No idea what changed, but it works for now.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.