mountd not starting (8.0.1.amd64-7209/7226)

Status
Not open for further replies.

audix

Dabbler
Updated from 8.0.1-b4 to r7209.

Now mountd does not start. During boot it says something like "mountd not running, check /var/run/mountd.pid" on the console.

There is no /var/run/mountd.pid

I have disabled/enabled nfs in "control services" in the gui a couple of times, rebooted etc.

I updated to 7226 just in case there was a bug in 7209.

"nfsd: master (nfsd)" and "nfsd: server (nfsd)" are running.

(The one thing I did after updating to 7209 was to do a "replace" for a broken disk. Resilvering went ok. Don't know if mountd was running prior to doing the "replace", would not think so.)

Any ideas?

audix

Dabbler
/var/log/messages contains the following:

/etc/rc: WARNING: /etc/exports is not readable.
/etc/rc: WARNING: failed precmd routine for mountd

# ls -l /etc/exports
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 153 Aug 18 10:52 /etc/exports

Manually running "/etc/rc.d mountd onestart" makes it all work until next reboot.

Cosmin

Cadet
Same problem here. I use Freenas 8 Beta 4 - amd x64.
I have try to export my stripe raid and then import it back... but i get an "sorry unknown error" in GUI.
I had to restore config from back-up! How can i import the raid manualy without destroy all data on it (since gui is broken) ?
My "exports" file contain just the raid stripe mountpoint, and i can read it... why can´t be read at boot ? How do i make mountd not to try reading it anymore? I have no ZFS (only 2Gb RAM) just RaidStripe shared via NFS & FTP and 2 disks with iSCSI.
I have to stop/start nfs service to work after a reboot which won´t allow me to use WOL!

nogi

Explorer
Anyone have a solution to this? I think I have the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.