Migrating from Windows Storages Space to TrueNas Scale

PZL0013

Dabbler
Hi

I'm in the process of migrating from Windows Storage Spaces to TrueNas Scale.

My hard drives are currently in a multi bay USB enclosure and formatted(?) with a Storage Space configuration(?). I had intended to just plug the USB box into the computer running TrueNas but TrueNas isn't detecting the drives.

I understand that TrueNas should be able to detect USB drives so am thinking this might have something to do with the Storage Spaces setup? If so, what do I need to do to prepare my hard drives so it can be detected by TrueNas?

My hard drives are currently in a multi bay USB enclosure and formatted(?) with a Storage Space configuration(?).
What's stopping you from removing the drives from the USB enclosure, and then installing them as typical internal drives in your TrueNAS server?

Just to be clear, you are aware that you will lose all your data that you saved in "Storage Spaces"?

PZL0013

Dabbler
What's stopping you from removing the drives from the USB enclosure, and then installing them as typical internal drives in your TrueNAS server?

Just to be clear, you are aware that you will lose all your data that you saved in "Storage Spaces"?
The computer is a mini pc, so that's the physical limitation

Yes aware I'll lose all my data in the 'Storage Space' (all already backed up)

PZL0013

Dabbler
on further thought looks like TrueNas is actually bit too particular on its requirements for my setup and perhaps OpenMediaVault is a better solution. thanks again for your input