Middlewared Issue - UI won’t load

Hello! A week or so ago I had no issues with truenas and I’ve been using it about a year. I checked it again a few days ago and nothing would load. This is where I have my Jellyfin server and I couldn’t reach it. I tried many things. Tried changing the boot settings, tried updating truenas (weirdly it wasn’t up-to-date, but there was no improvement (I say weirdly because something must’ve changed in the past week)), I check the middlewared service and it was running. I saw other posts saying to restart it, so I stopped and it wouldn’t restart. The error read that it was a resource issue. Not really sure why, there’s sufficient memory 24GB. Not sure what to do from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jlpellet

Patron
Sounds like the OS may be hosed. Assuming you saved your config (from the gui System>General), one suggestion is reinstall the OS. Or, if you have a prior OS in the boot list (system>boot), mark a prior one active & reboot. Note you will be more likely to get responses if you include system info (e.g., motherboartd, CPU, boot drive type, pool info, etc). Good luck. John

If I didn’t make a backup of the config is there a way I can reach it? I can access the files through the command line