Messed up my main NFS share

nojstevens

Cadet
Hello,

I've been searching for an answer to this but i can't find one....

I have two NFS shares, store (for VMs) and tank (for files). tank is shared via NFS v3 and i am using Mapall root/wheel to avoid permssion issues. It has worked great for a couple of months (since i built it).

Now, i am kicking myself and i know i should not have done this, but i turned CIFS sharing on that same path to fix some Windows issues i was having. Since i did that i have not been able to write to the NFS share. I have turned CIFS off. I have deleted the NFS share and remade it, but on every platform (windows, macos and ubuntu) i can mount the share NFS but i cannot write to it. I have tried to chmod 777 * the whole thing from the FreeNAS shell but it says 'operation not permitted' (i do have sudo as root ticked).

I have found one thread where the OP fixed it by deleting the entire zpool and making it again. I really really do not want to do that

So... how can i 'UnCIFS' my NFS share and get it back to how it was?

Jon

KrisBee

Wizard
What version of Freenas are using? Do your share paths point to datasets or directories?

I'd check that any dataset shared via NFS still has the appropriate permissions: ACL type UNIX, etc. Double check at the CLI using getfacl on the share path and that the "aclmode" & "aclinherit" datasets properties are both set to "passthrough".