MacOs & Smb > new exotic issues !?

tiberiusQ

Contributor
Hi,

My users report and complain about two new isses except this one:

Sometime if they wanna rename a folder a msg. appear which requires local admin priviliges, which absolutely makes no sense, never seen.

Sometime if users create pdfs on a smb share and shortly after that they open and close it + try to move or copy it (differnt ways tried) they receive a msg. that it didn't work because the file is in use.

Any ideas?

Thx & Best

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi,

My users report and complain about two new isses except this one:

Sometime if they wanna rename a folder a msg. appear which requires local admin priviliges, which absolutely makes no sense, never seen.

Sometime if users create pdfs on a smb share and shortly after that they open and close it + try to move or copy it (differnt ways tried) they receive a msg. that it didn't work because the file is in use.

Any ideas?

Thx & Best
There is a bugfix that can impact certain configurations of SMB shares with MacOS that is going into U6 (fixes permissions issue with rename). Can't say for sure whether this is what you're seeing without a system debug.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I will send you my system debug via pm.
What about my second question ?
Depends on MacOS version, but sometimes finder (or adobe) can leave a handle open on a resource fork or some other stream. Per SMB protocol this should result in failure to rename, and so they should probably not do that.

tiberiusQ

Contributor
Reported on Ventura, not yet on Sonoma....No idea if they fixed something related to smb ?