LSI SAS1064E Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish

Contributor
Hey guys,

I recently installed an LSI SAS1046E in my FreeNAS box and am wondering if I should upgrade/flash the firmware. I threw it in so I could temporarily add 2 drives to move my data to while I upgrade my Zraid (but that's for another thread)

Here's a screenshot of the configuration page:
5VSTGR8.jpg

I'm just wondering if there's a need to flash to I.T. mode or update the firmware already on it? I've found a few threads out there but they seemed specific to server models.

Thanks!
Fish

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I don't know what the current driver phase level is for the 1064 but it should have the same phase as the FreeBSD driver (and FreeNAS should complain if it doesn't like it). It should be fine to use -IR as long as you only use the drives in passthrough mode. The -IR functions the same as -IT except a little slower when passing through drives.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
FreeNAS won't complain with that card because it uses a different driver. FreeNAS' version check only checks for the mps stuff.;)

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You sure? I think it used to check, but the last time I deployed a 3Gbps card was back in the FreeNAS 8 days.

Fish

Contributor
Sounds like the card will pass the drives to FreeNAS alright? Ideally, this will just be temporary anyway. That is, unless it works well....

jgreco

Resident Grinch
The big problem with the 3Gbps cards is the 2TB size limit.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You sure? I think it used to check, but the last time I deployed a 3Gbps card was back in the FreeNAS 8 days.
mpr is also checked, but support for it was explicitly added a few months ago. I'd be surprised if there was a warning for mpt.

The warning for mps was added in 9.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.