Looking for WiFi AP Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I only did a speed test to see how much faster the new AP would be over the old one, I didn't for a second think that it would actually be slower. But I know that there is some issue with running multiple SSIDs which cause the AP to slow down. This shouldn't be the issue for me since I am using the default setup but who knows. I'll troll around the UniFi forums to see what they say, maybe I'll find something and if I do, I'll post it. But off to do some pressurewashing, it's almost 60F outside so time to work.

Redcoat

MVP
running multiple SSIDs

Ah - perhaps I misunderstand - did you leave the wireless on on your router? I have turned mine off so I only have one SSID for my network.

joeschmuck

Old Man
What I meant was the UAP-AC-PRO is known for having issues with running multiple SSIDs such as when you enable Guest that the bandwidth is cut in half for all channels on that AP. This is what I've read at least. I do not have my Asus router powered on.

Redcoat

MVP
What I meant was the UAP-AC-PRO is known for having issues with running multiple SSIDs such as when you enable Guest that the bandwidth is cut in half for all channels on that AP.

Got it. Yes, I saw that earlier so I have not enabled my guest network.

My window mounting more temporary that I expected - the double sided tape has let go of the plastic mounting plate a couple of times so far ...

Status
Not open for further replies.