Lidarr app won't work

asdman21132

Cadet
Hi,
I've been trying to deploy Lidarr for a while now, but It refuses to work. Nothing is running on it's web portal. I've tired deploying it previously, but then I got an SSL error and all my apps broke. After that, I had to go away from home, so I left it like that. The issue somehow fixed itself the next weekend. Now I have Nextcloud running fine and my Lidarr install disappeared. The problem: I reinstalled it and it still doesn't works. It's stuck on deploying and I get thus error after
Created container lidarr:
Startup probe failed: Get "http://172.16.0.78:30014/ping": dial tcp 172.16.0.78:30014: connect: connection refused

Thanks for your help in advance!

Lidarr:
App Version: 2.1.6.3993
Chart Version: 1.2.14
TrueNAS Scale version: 23.10.1.3

ABBailey1981

Cadet
I have been trying to also deploy Lidarr for months now and always get deployment issues as well. I get the same error that you do. I have every couple weeks tried again with new info or ideas on resolving it and have come up with nothing. Thankfully Lidarr isn't a critical need in my -arr stack but would be nice to see some good input in resolving it and making it useful.

asdman21132

Cadet
It would be kind of essential for me lol, but this way I'm not missing anything

Anyways, I've submitted a bug report. If you have a Github profile, please bump it. That would be helpful.

Last edited:

ABBailey1981

Cadet
It would be kind of essential for me lol, but this way I'm not missing anything

Anyways, I've submitted a bug report. If you have a Github profile, please bumb it. That would be helpful.
Are you using the one Provided by TrueNAS or TrueCharts? (I think I know the answer from your link but figured no harm in asking) I am installing it from the TrueNAS catalog. Any specific special settings being used? Maybe we can compare and contrast and get a positive direction where we may be pointing in the wrong direction.

I haven't ventured in to the TrueCharts catalog much due to the overwhelming number of things to check, choose and set. So wondering if others are having the similar issue with the TC version.

asdman21132

Cadet
Are you using the one Provided by TrueNAS or TrueCharts? (I think I know the answer from your link but figured no harm in asking) I am installing it from the TrueNAS catalog.
Good thing you asked, as I literally didn't know the difference between TrueNAS catalog or TrueCharts up until now.
I'm using the default TrueNAS catalog.

Any specific special settings being used? Maybe we can compare and contrast and get a positive direction where we may be pointing in the wrong direction.
Everything default, other than the install directory. I've set a custom path for that.

I haven't ventured in to the TrueCharts catalog much due to the overwhelming number of things to check, choose and set. So wondering if others are having the similar issue with the TC version.
TrueCharts kind of seems easy, judging by the quick-start guide. I'll try that.

asdman21132

Cadet
Ok it works from TrueCharts! I can enter the GUI, but I have no idea what to do. Still, it seems like I have a working Lidarr install!

The install configuration is really different from the one from the TrueNAS catalog. I figured, that I need to add my library under Storage and Persistence > Additional App Storage > Host path, but no idea about the rest of the settings.

ABBailey1981

Cadet
Ok it works from TrueCharts! I can enter the GUI, but I have no idea what to do. Still, it seems like I have a working Lidarr install!

The install configuration is really different from the one from the TrueNAS catalog. I figured, that I need to add my library under Storage and Persistence > Additional App Storage > Host path, but no idea about the rest of the settings.
I looked for a youtube video showing the use of the TrueCharts install. Even though it's slightly out of date I was able to follow along and get it to show RUNNING.

1708292353473.png

I haven't yet looked and seen if it's working but the install at least got past the deployment phase. I will report back if I get more.

ABBailey1981

Cadet
I have successfully got albums to pull down from a few different indexers. Waiting to see some finish and import into my media library. But I would say so far so good.

The only thing I had to do differently/additionally was first add my host paths for my completed downloads folder and set up the Remote Path Mappings for my Download Clients in Lidarr.

ABBailey1981

Cadet
Well the only issues I now have is Plex isn't importing the music and I need a better source of music. Maybe need to find a better music player to use than Plex. Any suggestions?

asdman21132

Cadet
Well the only issues I now have is Plex isn't importing the music and I need a better source of music. Maybe need to find a better music player to use than Plex. Any suggestions?

I'm a newbie to TrueNAS, so you're may not be asking the right person. lol
I have no experience with Plex, but why should the app be replaced? If Plex can't import things, perhaps it's a permission issue?

Check
  • if the user running Plex (it's the app user with userID 568) has access to your library
  • if the file permissions allowing Plex to access your files
If you're modifying the ACL in your dataset, you might wan't to apply the changes recursively, so it'll apply to all folders and files..

asdman21132

Cadet
This may be of some importance too:

For me, qBittorrent didn't have access to its downloads mount.
When fiddling whit app permissions, I failed to wrap my head around POSIX permissions. So I've recreated my dataset with Share type: Apps. (some info on that) After that, I could use NFS4 permissions and configure ACL more intuitively. I configured a modify permission for app user, and then qB started working.