LDAp sambaDomainName = <HOST?>

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR Gonzalez

Explorer
Not sure if I am missing something here but when initializing the LDAP+CIFS in Freenas my LDAP directory has its users and groups added (and vice versa) but it also creates what appears to be the wrong sambaDomainName in the LDAP directory. It creates sambaDomainName=INCOGNITO (the host).

The host name is INCOGNITO
The samba domain/workgroup is AUGELLO but I receive this (pic from pla attached).

I noticed this bug: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/1158

Since it was so old I was wondering if it wasn't fixed but this doesn't appear to be the case in 9.2.1.7 (latest stable release). Seems like it is targeted for 9.3. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy here.

ldap_wrong_domain.png

JR Gonzalez

Explorer
Is the commit already in the nightlies? I was probably going to try the 9.3 nightly to see if I have better luck. it is the last piece of the puzzle.

D

dlavigne

Yes, SSSD should be in the nightlies. Please add another comment to the ticket if the same behavior persists in a nightly so that the ticket can be reopened.

J

John Hixson

In CIFS, enable the 'domain logons' option and the workgroup be configured as your sambaDomainName. I just commited a fix for this that enables it when LDAP is configured.

JR Gonzalez

Explorer
I'm working on a nightly now. Seems that now it seems to create the proper sambaDomainName but the importing of ldap users/groups is doing something awkward. I have a user with cn=jrg.... it is being imported into the FreeNAS side as 192\jrg. A group called lusers is being imported as 192\lusers. Not really sure what's going on there with that one.

[root@incognito] ~# getent passwd | grep jrg
192\jrg:*:10001:10000: jrg:/home/jrg:/usr/local/bin/bash

[root@incognito] ~# getent group|grep lusers
192\lusers:*:10000

Status
Not open for further replies.