kube-bridge switching states with public IP

mivasi

Cadet
Hi,
first of all, I don't really know if I'm supposed to create a new thread or continue any of the already existing ones (since they're old and my issue might be a bit different). If it's better to continue in an existing thread, please let me know or move my post there.

I'm using ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard with onboard Intel NIC. My problem is similar to kube-bridge killing network. Need help and Kube-Bridge constantly switching states. Almost immediately after I setup Apps on a fresh TrueNAS SCALE install, the network goes down. I have a /30 public IPv4 block assigned from my ISP (two usable addresses, one for the router, one for my server), the „server“ public IP coexists with private 172.16.0.0/24 addresses on my local network. I noticed things only break if DHCP assigns public IP address to TrueNAS. If I let DHCP assign a private IP from the pool, everything works as expected. I noticed that when using private IP for TrueNAS, the k8s cluster CIDR is 172.17.0.0/16 and the service CIDR is 172.18.0.0/16, so I got a theory that TrueNAS tries to use a k8s CIDRs similar to the network its in and when it tries to derive k8s CIDRs from the public IP, that messes things up, but it's also possible that 172.xx.0.0/16 is just the default.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!