Kernel Panic error after crash and reboot

wolrechris

Cadet
Hello,
I have an issue with Freenas 11.2-U7 getting stuck at a KDB: enter: panic error on bootup after the system crashed and subsequently restarted. Running most commands in the db promt also causes a reboot.
I can't really make too much sense of the last few lines of code before the panic myself, so help would be greatly appreciated!
Freenas crash.jpg

Furthermore, I've had a power outage about 1.5 days before the crash which seemingly fried my USB drive as it doesn't even show up in diskpart on Windows. I reinstalled Freenas on a 120gb SSD afterwards without any problems. Before the incident, I had the system running flawlessly for about 2 years. Is it possible, that the sudden powerdown also damaged the motherboard? The my ZFS pool still seems to be intact.

My specs are:
Intel Core i5-2500
8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
4TB WD Red (for main pool/data storage/jails/...)
120 GB SSD (boot)
Freenas 11.2-U7

wolrechris

Cadet
Another thing about my specs:
The RAM are two 4GB dims. Since the system was a pre-built HP (HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT), the motherboard seems to be proprietary (Bios version: J01 v02.24). Network interface is: Integrated Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet

D

dlavigne

Does reinstalling the same version to a new boot device resolve the issue?

lostpacket

Cadet
Are you running virtualisation do you have the bios settings correct if so? VMX_Init is due to VTd settings usually, if that's what's causing the panic.

wolrechris

Cadet
Are you running virtualisation do you have the bios settings correct if so? VMX_Init is due to VTd settings usually, if that's what's causing the panic.
I'm not running virtualisation, so this probably shouldn't be the problem.

wolrechris

Cadet
Does reinstalling the same version to a new boot device resolve the issue?
I tried. Had some issues installing 11.2 U7 right away, as the system wouldn't even boot into the installer (maybe something to do with the new bootloader?), so I installed 11.1 and upgraded from there. So far, it seems to be working, though I don't quite see this as resolved yet, as previously the error only appeared several days after installing.