Jails corrupt after 11.2-U2.1 update

Kevo

Dabbler
I just updated to 11.2-U2.1 and both of my jails were labeled corrupt and would not start after the update. Looking at the jail properties after the update showed a bunch of settings gone or values that didn't make sense. The IP Addresses just showed "N" and the boxes for vnet and bpf were empty and other ip settings like gateway were missing. I rolled back to 11.2-U2 and things seem to be fine again.

Any ideas what went wrong? Should I be looking to fix something with the existing jails

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
There were many changes with the latest release and it is possible that this is a bug.
I know it is asking a lot, but if you can go back to the new boot environment and submit a bug report, it would likely help to get this fixed for others.

If you don't have one already, go to https://redmine.ixsystems.com/projects/freenas to create an account

Then submit the bug report from inside the broken install so the settings can be captured.

Here are the directions:
https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/system.html#support

Then the developers can look into the matter, but you can roll back to the working state.

Kevo

Dabbler
Running iocage fetch -r 11.0-RELEASE after the update seems to have fixed the jails. Both are running fine now. Props to Brandon @ IXSystems.

diedrichg

Wizard
I just updated to 11.2-U2.1 and both of my jails were labeled corrupt and would not start after the update.
There was another report about this. They logged in to the legacy interface and their jails were fine. Could you go back to U2.1 and test this, please? And then file a bug report either way.

Kevo

Dabbler
My jails were not fine. At least they weren't running at startup and I could not connect to them like usual. As I mentioned in the previous post, Brandon came up with the idea to fetch the release and that fixed them right up.