Jails assigning same the IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Explorer
Hi,

I am having problems with my jails/plugins. Whenever I install a new plugin, in the jail menu I find out that the jails have been assigned the same IP.

Jails are in DHCP mode.
xXGmT1J.png

This results in plugins not able to run. Console message displays: "No JSON object could be decoded"
vbYfz16.png

I have reinstalled the plugins multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated!

D

dlavigne

Have you reserved a range to use for plugins in your DHCP server? If so, what is the reserved range?

Also, what is the exact build version (from System -> Information)?

Explorer
Have you reserved a range to use for plugins in your DHCP server? If so, what is the reserved range?

Also, what is the exact build version (from System -> Information)?

I am not sure if I have reserved a range. How would I do that?

Exact build version:

BuZNfPa.png

thanks for the quick reply

Zaffo

Cadet
Check the MAC of the jails that have the same IP. Go to: Jail -> *Select a jail* -> Edit jale -> Advanced mode.

I'm currently having the problem that all newly created jails get the same MAC, resulting in the same IP assigned by the DHCP server. If this is indeed the case you can manually fix this by changing the MAC for each jail.

joeschmuck

Old Man
If you are having the same MAC address being created, please submit a bug report.

Also, with respect to the DHCP, you could and probably should migrate over to Static IPs. It can same a lot of headaches.

travalon

Explorer
yup Mac address. I had 2 like this 02:ff:70:00:0b:0b as soon as I change 1 to 02:ff:70:00:0c:0b all was is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.