Jail template error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonRN18

Dabbler
I have somehow FUBAR'd something in my FreeNAS setup for setting up plugins/jails. I have figured a work-around for most of my issues but it is very frustrating and I wish I knew how I FUBAR'd my system and could rectify it without just deleting everything and starting over from scratch. Apparently, when I install a new plugin, it doesn't set it up to start the service. For example, when I installed Plex Media Server, I tried to go to the proper URL and it wasn't up. I went to a shell of the jail and typed in "service plexmediaserver start" and got an error, leading me look at the /etc/rc.conf file in the Plex jail and this is what I found:
Code:
portmap_enable="NO"
sshd_enable="NO"
sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
devfs_enable="YES"
devfs_system_ruleset="devfsrules_common"

I edited it to now say:
Code:
portmap_enable="NO"
sshd_enable="NO"
sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
devfs_enable="YES"
devfs_system_ruleset="devfsrules_common"
plexmediaserver_enable="YES"

I ended up modifying each /etc/rc.conf for each jail to say that the service could be enabled. This has worked for everything EXCEPT Transmission. On Transmission, I'm having another issue, when I go to the Transmission web GUI, I get the following:

403: Forbidden
Unauthorized IP Address.
Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.
If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.
If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

I can't seem to figure out how to rectify this issue. So, I've gotten the other plugins to work, but it is still frustrating that I have to go in to make those changes to each one.

D

dlavigne

Apparently, when I install a new plugin, it doesn't set it up to start the service. For example, when I installed Plex Media Server, I tried to go to the proper URL and it wasn't up.

Looks like this bug: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/4756

This has worked for everything EXCEPT Transmission.

Did you configure transmission first? It is one of the PBIs that requires configuration before its service will start: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins#Managing_an_Installed_FreeNAS.C2.AE_PBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.