Issue with mount points in Native 11.2 Jails

Camofelix

Dabbler
Hey Everyone! I was setting up a jail earlier today and have it working fine for network, processing, etc., but can't seem to add any mount points to it.

I currently have 2 jail based plugins working fine beside this jail, with each having a single mount point working very well. The mount point I'm trying to add to this directory is the same in source as the other 2, and going towards the media point in the jails root directory

The error itself is bellow:

[EFAULT] Destination: /mnt/Host/iocage/jails/Testing\040Floatplane\040/root/media must include jail's mountpoint! (/mnt/Host/iocage/jails/Testing Floatplane /root)

Any guidance?

Fredda

Guru
Could it be the whitespaces in the path are the problem? Do you really need them? If not, avoid at whitepsaces in path names at all costs.
They only cause trouble. Not only for FreeNAS, basically in any system. Use an underscore instead.

If I read this bug correctly, there were problems, which should be fixed since 11.2, but as you did not mention your version ...

Camofelix

Dabbler
Could it be the whitespaces in the path are the problem? Do you really need them? If not, avoid at whitepsaces in path names at all costs.
They only cause trouble. Not only for FreeNAS, basically in any system. Use an underscore instead.

If I read this bug correctly, there were problems, which should be fixed since 11.2, but as you did not mention your version ...
My bad!

I'm running 11.2-u6!

In that case, would simply renaming the jail work?

Camofelix

Dabbler
My bad!

I'm running 11.2-u6!

In that case, would simply renaming the jail work?
Alright, so turns out it wasn't the space between testing and floatplane, but was the space the was accidentally inserted after floatplane.

In terms of bug, I'm thinking it might have to do with a parsing error that find that the string is terminated in a space.