Issue importing multiple zpools that share a disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucfengineer

Cadet
* I'm having an issue importing two zpools using the auto import feature of the FN 8.0.4 WebGUI. I have three disks (two 500GB, and one 1TB). I would like to create a raidz1 configuration with the two 500's and a 500gig partition of the 1TB (for appx 1TB of usable space). I would like to create a second zpool for the remaining 500GB of the 1TB disk to use as-is without redundancy. As I understand it, this type of configuration must be done via the CLI because the FN WebGUI only permits zpool configuration with whole disks.

I am able to successfully create and export the aforementioned zpools from the CLI using the commands listed below. Note: ada0 & ada1 are the two 500GB disks, and ada2 is the 1TB. All of the partitions listed are roughly 500GB in size.

zpool create -f -m /mnt/tank tank raidz1 ada0p2 ada1p2 ada2p2
zpool create -f -m /mnt/sandbox sandbox ada2p3
zpool export tank
zpool export sandbox

At this point, both zpools (tank & sandbox) are listed for import in the auto import list. I am able to successfully add either one initially. However after importing the first zpool, I am unable to import the second because it is no longer listed. I think this has something to do with the fact I have a common disk (ada2), because if I don't add ada2 to my raidz zpool, I can successfully add both pools using the auto import feature via the WebGUI.

I would definitely appreciate some assistance here, or perhaps some correction if what I am attempting is not supported by FreeNAS.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.