Is there an archive of the old sourceforge forum anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNC

Cadet
Reason being, there was a guide on there regarding installing ports to a ZFS pool via some unionfs/fstab (I think?) trickery.

I used it during the 0.7 versions of FreeNAS to install Sabnzbd (the only thing on my NAS outside of the stock install).

That's become necessary since the router provided by my ISP apparently has a broken static route implementation and I can't install any jailed PBI packages that assume a static IP address, they never see the outside world because I can't make the router let them out. The router only lets DHCP clients connect to the outside world but the Sab jail plugin does not use DHCP.

Is there an archive of that forum anywhere? Google turns up nada.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I bet the nas4free forums would have the info you need since that's where the 0.7 line continued...

RNC

Cadet

They didn't turn anything up from that forum.

I bet the nas4free forums would have the info you need since that's where the 0.7 line continued...

That's it, thanks!

For anyone with the same issues...

http://forums.nas4free.org/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1760&sid=32e4916bf09b8260656f879c656890ed

I'm on Verizon FIOS in the US. Great speed and reliability, not so great router. The box they give you can only assign static IPs to DHCP clients, so PBI jails without DHCP client connections won't work.

But the above linked guide, sans some minor syntax changes in the init/shutdown scripts, will still work fine.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
They didn't turn anything up from that forum.

That's it, thanks!

For anyone with the same issues...

http://forums.nas4free.org/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1760&sid=32e4916bf09b8260656f879c656890ed

I'm on Verizon FIOS in the US. Great speed and reliability, not so great router. The box they give you can only assign static IPs to DHCP clients, so PBI jails without DHCP client connections won't work.
That info doesn't apply to current Freenas users since they are 2 separate projects.

RNC

Cadet
That info doesn't apply to current Freenas users since they are 2 separate projects.

See my edit just now. My problem was specific to a router from my ISP that only allows static address assignments to DHCP clients (a stupid catch 22, yes, but I'm stuck with their box). Since the SABNzbd PBI jail add-on does not use DHCP, I couldn't get it to the outside world, my router wouldn't let it through.

Installing SAB outside of a jail in the old manner by linking a separate zfs volume to the boot volume with unionfs solves the problem in my case.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
See my edit just now. My problem was specific to a router from my ISP that only allows static address assignments to DHCP clients (a stupid catch 22, yes, but I'm stuck with their box). Since the SABNzbd PBI jail add-on does not use DHCP, I couldn't get it to the outside world, my router wouldn't let it through.
But I don't think it really applies here. Different projects, different implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.