IPMI installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbartley

Explorer
I have a SuperMicro X8SIL-F and I tried installing freenas through IPMI on two different HDs to try and trouble shoot and I keep coming up with the same problem. The entire install went fine until the reboot I cant seem to get an internal IP address to get assigned so that I can log into the GUI. Here's a screenshot of where things stop and I need a little guidance to figure this out.

Screenshot 2014-03-29 02.25.38.png

D

dlavigne

Don't install FreeNAS on a hard drive. Burn the image to a USB stick and boot from that. You'll find the docs at doc.freenas.org.

swbartley

Explorer
Don't install FreeNAS on a hard drive. Burn the image to a USB stick and boot from that. You'll find the docs at doc.freenas.org.

Thanks for the info. I have a couple very small SSDs that I would like to put back to use and strangely enough I don't have a USB stick. I can get the install working on a cd install from my test machine I just wanted to try this without an installed CDROM with this board

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah.. don't do that. Trying to put stuff back to use is NOT a good idea with FreeNAS. Do things properly and don't play games with trying to repurpose old hardware "because you want to". That's a thought process that often leads to tears and lost data. Just stick to doing things that are appropriate for FreeNAS and ZFS and don't try to repurpose old hardware "because you want to".

ric

Contributor
I have mine installed to USB stick and still getting
I have a SuperMicro X8SIL-F and I tried installing freenas through IPMI on two different HDs to try and trouble shoot and I keep coming up with the same problem. The entire install went fine until the reboot I cant seem to get an internal IP address to get assigned so that I can log into the GUI. Here's a screenshot of where things stop and I need a little guidance to figure this out.

View attachment 3899
I have mine installed to a USB stick but I get the same problem once in a while after reboots.

Freenas 9.2
Supermicro motherboard X10SLH-F
4x3TB ZFS2

D

dlavigne

If you're getting the error in that image, burn the image to a different stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.