SOLVED iocage issues..... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

felthamn

Dabbler
Good morning folks. I was trying to create an iocage instance last night and ran into a couple of issues which have me completely baffled. I have followed the previous procedure suggested which has worked well in the past which was.

cd /tmp
git clone --recursive https://github.com/iocage/iocage

so far so good. Then I ran into the following issue when trying to copy the iocage files from the tmp folder using

cp -R iocage/iocage/lib/ /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib

and got the following error

cp: iocage/iocage/lib/: Not a directory

Now I managed to sort this one or at least I think I did with the following (it looked like the folder structure changed from iocage/iocage/lib to iocage/iocage_lib)

cp -R iocage/iocage_lib/ /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib

Moving onto the next step I tried to create a plex jail with.

iocage create --name "PLEX" -r 11.1-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|{IP Addres}/24" defaultrouter="{Default Gateway}" boot="on" host_hostname="PLEX" vnet="on"

I have removed the IP addresses for the purposes of this post. I now get the following...

Creating homenet/iocage
Creating homenet/iocage/download
Creating homenet/iocage/images
Creating homenet/iocage/jails
Creating homenet/iocage/log
Creating homenet/iocage/releases
Creating homenet/iocage/templates
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/iocage", line 10, in <module>
sys.exit(cli())
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 697, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/cli/create.py", line 147, in cli
iocage = ioc.IOCage(exit_on_error=True, skip_jails=True)
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'exit_on_error'

I am now completely stumped. I was wondering if it was worth while rolling back to 11.1-U4 to see if that would resolve things or am I missing something blatantly obvious. Any suggestions?

pschatz100

Guru
Why don't you use the version of iocage that is already included in FreeNAS? FreeNAS documentation explains how to manually create and manage an iocage jail.

felthamn

Dabbler
Well I thought about that however there were issues with connectivity in the past hence pulling from github, however will give it a shot and will let you know how I get on.

pschatz100

Guru
The connectivity issues are related more to FreeNAS updates after iocage jails are already created, and tend not to be related to iocage itself. So far, all of them are correctable.

I would install FreeNAS 11.1-U6 and stay with it until 11.2 is released. There is no reason to constantly update FreeNAS (it is not Windows.) Go ahead and create the iocage jails manually. Just remember that they do not show up in the "classic" FreeNAS interface, so you will have to manage them manually. Not a big issue at all.

felthamn

Dabbler
Gave it a shot just setting up the jails with...

iocage create --name "PLEX" -r 11.1-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.x.xxx/24" defaultrouter="192.168.x.xxx" boot="on" host_hostname="PLEX" vnet="on"

Still getting the same traceback error. I fear iocage on my Freenas is goosed. I doubt even rolling back will sort it other than a fresh install.

felthamn

Dabbler
Will do a fresh install tomorrow.

felthamn

Dabbler
Quick update. I reinstalled FreeNAS as it looked like the iocage was completely goosed. All is working as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.