Introducing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakistocrtor

Cadet
Hi All!

I'm a computer science student from Germany. I guess that means I waste the little time I have nerding around and attending lectures or seminars once in a while. I started using FreeNAS a few years ago for a nice little file server we have at home. I switched to it from Synology for greater power, flexibility and security, learned a lot, and quickly fell in love with zfs, the jails and all the great work the developers have put into FreeNAS. Since then, the file server has become more of a general purpose server, hosting lots of services for me and my friends, including OwnCloud, Emby, Murmur and XMage. I'm currently in the process of migrating to new (awesome :D) hardware and have a few problems importing my old jails. That was my incentive to finally join the community and ask for help after having found solutions to most of my earlier problems on this forum - I'll create a thread about that soon.

I'm looking forward to hearing your tips and opinions, and maybe even helping a few people myself. See you in the threads!

By the way, I think it's nice to ask new members to introduce themselves here - it makes you feel welcome :)

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Status
Not open for further replies.