intermittent time machine error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

odoyle

Explorer
Time machine backups work relatively well, but I would say maybe 40% of the time, I get a message saying:

Time Machine couldn't complete the backup to "freenas".
The network backup disk could not be accessed because there was a problem with the network username or password. You may need to re-select the backup disk and enter the correct username and password.

So I just ignore it, and then the next hour or a couple hours later, the backup completes. Not really a big deal, but just annoying and I can't figure it out. Most of the time, if I were to choose "backup now", it would work.

My system:
Build FreeNAS-9.2.1.7-RELEASE-x64 (fdbe9a0)
Platform Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Board: Supermicro X10SLL
RAM: Crucial 8GB x 2 1600 Mhz ECC UDIMM
Drives: 2 WD 2TB WD20EZRX and 2 Seagate 2TB ST2000DM001
Nothing really special.. I have jail for owncloud, and one for transmission..

What "apple side logs" should I look at?

Last edited:

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You posted this reply in a thread over a year old; please do not necropost in old threads. The forum rules, conveniently linked in red at the top of every page, describe what you're supposed to do to summarize your problem and system in a post. I have removed your post from that thread. Please update your message to comply with the rules for requesting help with a problem.

What "apple side logs" should I look at?

The ones on OS X. OS X userland is basically a descendant of FreeBSD and Apple does a moderately good job of logging problems.

odoyle

Explorer
Here is an example of a failed backup, followed by a successful backup. Like I said, I just ignore it and then it works next time. I didn't change anything between these two backup attempts.

Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 8.57.01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.