Installing Prometheus node_exporter to monitor TrueNAS CORE 12 (+ FusionInventory agent)

CDuv

Dabbler
Disclaimer: I am not used to BSD environment, I am more fluent in GNU/Linux Debian.

Hello,

I would like to get the general health of my TrueNAS CORE (v12.0-U5.1) in my existing Prometheus setup and thus use the node_exporter.
It's a Go daemon that listens to HTTP on a TCP port and serves a plain text answer with metrics on the computer (CPU, processes, RAM, disks, FS, etc.).

A node_exporter port exists on FreeBSD.org : https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/tree/sysutils/node_exporter

My issue is: If I got the TrueNAS philosophy right, extra softwares must run in their own dedicated Jail.
But, if I install it (via pkg install sysutils/node_exporter) in a Jail, it won't give informations on the the real TrueNAS OS...

So I need some help on how to proceed.

On TrueNAS's IRC channel I was advised to create a TrueNAS plugin: but isn't this a bit overkill?

I tried (with success) pkg install sysutils/node_exporter not in a Jail (sorry, I don't know the real BSD term for outside Jails) and got the daemon running and serving metrics: but is lost after a reboot...

I have the same issue for the FusionInventory agent (https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/tree/net-mgmt/p5-FusionInventory-Agent) which performs an inventory and also need access to the real hardware and OS (devices, serial numbers, IP addresses, etc.) so I see 3 options:

* There is a not too twisted way to install theses 2 softwares on the real OS (id. not in a Jail)
* There a way to install both in a Jail and fetching informations of the native/real OS
* Another solution I don't know about :)

Thanks for your time.

Disclaimer 2: This post was already posted in the french forum but did not got any attention, I hope re-posting is not considering cross-posting (I can delete/close the french topic if needed)

sretalla