Installation problem with MSI 990FXA-GD65

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickSA

Cadet
Hi Guys,

I am busy with my first FreeNAS build and I am running into a few problems. I have an AMD system running a 1055T processor and MSI 990FXA-GD65 motherboard. So far I have tried FreeNAS 8.03, 8.02 and 7 (all 64bit) with no joy. I have made sure that all peripherals as well as USB 3.0 are disabled in the bios but I still cant get the installation to proceed.

With 8.0.3 the system hangs shortly after detecting hardware (right after it detects the drives)

With 8.0.2 the system reboots shortly after launching the default boot option

With 7 the system gives me an error and tells me the system will reboot in 15 seconds

I cannot remember what the exact error was with version 7 but the reading that it did seemed to indicate a hardware problem (most likely to be memory) but after trying different drives and memory the problem did not go away. I can run the installer again tomorrow at the office and get the errors but I am at home now and don't remember them.

I am trying the installs from CD and all of them are the 64bit versions.

Does anybody know if FreeNAS is compatible with the AMD 990FX chipset and if there is anything in particular that needs to be done to get it to boot the install CD?

Thanks,

Nick

NickSA

Cadet
Ok so it turns out I overlooked one of the simpler solutions. After updating my bios FreeNAS installed perfectly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.