Importing Volumes with same Name but different id's does not work. ( esata drives )

Status
Not open for further replies.

IpNextGen

Cadet
Hi,

Im using a script to zfs send Datasets to eSata drives ( to get them out of the building ). It was working properly in 8.0.x branch. I mean autoimporting and exporting worked with volumes with the same name. Now in 8.2.0-BETA3 it warns that a volume with the same name already exists and fails to import/mount. ( for now im doing it by hand in the shell)

Will this be permanent? It would be nice to be able use the same volume names as it simplifies the scripting. The system could warn the user, and still import it.

Thanks

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Yes, if it was working in 8.0.x it was a bug.

Volumes cannot share the same name, this is per design as we use /mnt/<volume name>

IpNextGen

Cadet
I should then modify my script to get the mounted volume that start by "ROAD" and get my datasets to be sent to this volume. I think im able to code that. My esata drives all have the same volume name "ROADBACKUP1". Since there is only 1 drive at the time connected, i didnt see a problem mounting them at the same place. The thing that i didnt know was the "id" part :) Thanks to 8.2.x im now aware of it!

Time for some grepping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.