Importing pool from diff device mounts to /mnt/mnt/pool. Any way to fix in GUI?

RandyJames

Cadet
I have 2 pools I created in a different device and they seem to mount to /mnt/mnt/poolname instead of /mnt/poolname like ones I create on site or if I use the zpool import -R / poolname But of course doing so breaks the GUI.

Looking for a solution...

Thanks!

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
This sounds like the other device used an altroot of /, and a mountpoint of /mnt/poolname. After importing the pool in the GUI, try zfs set mountpoint=/mnt/poolname poolname.

RandyJames

Cadet
This sounds like the other device used an altroot of /, and a mountpoint of /mnt/poolname. After importing the pool in the GUI, try zfs set mountpoint=/mnt/poolname poolname.
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately it didn't change it for me. zfs list will show they are still mounted at their /mnt/mnt/poolname

Now, I am in the admin account and su to use the zfs / zpool commands. I assume I'm going the right way here?

RandyJames

Cadet
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately it didn't change it for me. zfs list will show they are still mounted at their /mnt/mnt/poolname

Now, I am in the admin account and su to use the zfs / zpool commands. I assume I'm going the right way here?

I had to change the mountpoint to /poolname export, import in gui and it works now.

Thanks for the pointers!