SOLVED iMac Pro 10Gb, FCPX, TrueNAS and network disconnections (ping dropped)

overshoot

Explorer
Hi,

I'm pulling my hair on this one.
I am in an argument with my customer to which I've sold a FreeNAS Server a year ago.
The setup was working fine at the time despite issues with the Finder.

One day (3 months ago) he had to relocate his office and since then, he has encounter network disconnections to the Server.
He's only one person in his office and doing video editing on his iMac Pro connected to the TrueNAS server (recently updated but hasn't resolved the issue).

The setup:

iMacPro 10GB Ethernet port -> Mikrotik (Switch with 2x10Gbps ports) -> TrueNAS (HP Proliant) with a 10GB Fiber card
iMacPro same port -> Mikrotik (same switch)-> Internet (Router)

The problem happens when he's using FCPX and motion in particular.
After a few minutes, FCPX/Motion will start to freeze, not being able to link files.

While pinging the Server and Google DNS at the same time, I can clearly see packets drops to both Servers at the same time which lead me to think it's the iMac which is having network issues.

He has contacted Apple, brought the iMac to the Apple store for test, and they're saying they have encountered no issues with it.
I have already tried 2 different network switches, the same Mikrotik model and a Netgear 10Gbps switch but the problem remains.

Can an internet disconnection cause such behavior in your opinion?
I believe it's an iMac fault but my customer keeps believing Apple and is telling me that the issue is caused by the Server.

overshoot

Explorer
I was doing ping test only to test for connectivity during those connection loss.

Anyhow apparently the problem is solved after upgrading his iMac Pro to Big Sur