Ideas for accessing my first FreeNAS build (media players)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrith

Dabbler
Hey guys, what's up?

I ran into some huge issues putting together my first NAS box over the last week and a half. These ranged from my HDD's being dropped by the post office (5x 3TB drives lol. Expensive 'oopsie' for them considering it was insured) to being stuck on the FreeNAS install due to using an incorrect USB port. Either way, I've gotten everything up and running and I really have to say that it's absolutely phenomenal. I wish I had set something similar up YEARS ago :D

So, with everything running seemingly perfect at the moment, I've essentially got a really huge media center for playback on over any accessable media. I'm currently only using my home computer, and my TV via my PC. I'm trying to come up with another way to access it on my second TV (I know AppleTV can do it, but looking for possible cheaper alternatives), as well as a clock/radio outlet. Being able to crank out my 'Music' playlist from there would be awesome, but I've yet to see a radio with LAN access other than the ones made by Revo, and while they can access the internet, I'm unsure if they can browse through a computer filesystem very easily (or at all).

Anyone have a big pile of media on their NAS with suggestions for a ton of different ways to access it? (TV/Ipads/Radios/etc) Any thoughts/insight on cool gadgets for it would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.