I feel stupid. FreeNAS can connect to some IPs within network, but not others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpittman

Dabbler
Hey everyone.

I feel like a moron for having to post this question, but I can't figure out what the heck is going on.

I have a very simple network setup (Netgear WNDR3700v2 Router with a Netgear Prosafe GS108 Gigabit Switch) which connects a few devices (FreeNAS, ReadyNAS, 2 Windows 7 PCs and a couple laptops).

Everything is basically the default configuration and connection speeds are excellent and connectivity between all the machines is *almost* perfect.

I originally tested SickBeard & SABnzbd on my Windows 7 machine and they were working fine. I then installed XMBC on my media PC and SickBeard was able to successfully send notifications to it with no problem.

So, I then proceeded to install the Jail and the SB and SAB PBIs on my FreeNAS box and set them up. They work fine and do everything as they are supposed to. However, with the exact same configuration they cannot send notifications to XBMC. Just to see if it was a one-off deal I installed Plex Media Server on W7 machine and configured SickBeard to send it notifications and it worked perfectly fine. I then installed Plex Media Server on my media PC and updated the IP in SickBeard and hit the "test" button and sure enough - it was unable to connect.

Clearly there is some kind of routing or connection issue to the media PC but I am not sure where to start in figuring out what the issue is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luke

JaimieV

Guru
Have you made sure that all machines - *including* the Jail, which has it's own IP settings - have appropriate IPs and the same netmask? First thing to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.