I cannot replace a failing hardisk on raidz1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallabu

Cadet
I used to have control to do this via FreeNAS GUI but now trying to get ada6 to offline is bceoming a problem. The end to end errors are mounting and I want to swap the drive out with a new one. Could somone kindly outline the steps using the CLI to replace a faulty disk. I notice that the GUI has somewhat changed stopping me from using the replace functionality and the ability to offline the drive. I know it sounds so simple but a step procedure will help me. The Raid is healthy but the end to end errors are mounting and I have a new disk of same capacilty to replace and resiliver.

garm

Wizard
No clue what you mean, but to replace a drive in FreeNAS you can read the manual.

But the short version is to open “Volume Status” and select the failing drive and click the button “replace”.

If there is an issue causing this to fail you need to tell us much more then what you already have.

gpsguy

What version of FreeNAS are you using? Are you running 11.1-?? If so, are you using the experimental GUI? If so, revert back to the "old" one. The new GUI isn't feature complete yet.

The "old" GUI will match the documentation. If you'd like an offline version of the manual, you can download one, via a link in my signature.

I notice that the GUI has somewhat changed

Status
Not open for further replies.