SOLVED .htaccess files not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

ume2

Cadet
SOLVED
after some days i tried again setting ALL the existing .htaccess files to "visible" via windows.
i swear it has not worked many times. but now they stay visible. i have not done any changes! ;-)

but why after simple copy the files over from one qnap nas to the freenas with windows explorer has set these files to invisible automaticly? i dont know

-------------------------

hello, i'm new to freenas. but not new to nas and pc, networking etc.

i'm on the way to switch from my qnap nas to my new freenas. only on thing i dont find a solution for: i store website projects for clients on my freenas in a zfs raifd 0+1 (or is it a 10, ... not as relevant i hope). i have pc's with win 7 connectet to a samba share. i copyed all my data from the old nas to the new for testing. interestingly i found out that all my .htaccess files (i need in some projects for rewrite rules mostly) are invisile. i can set windows so "all visible" but then a see thumbs db and these "mac-folders" and so on... if i set these .htaccess file manualy to "not hidden" in windows attributes it wont be visible either. can i set .htaccess files to visible somewhare or with a command on the freebsd?

i dont know what information about my nas is may be needed. sorry that you may have to ask for specific things.
its a custom build with a asus server board an intel cpu with ECC memory and multiple harddrives in 0+1 or 10 equivalebnt on ZFS with SATA PCIe Cards to enlarge the ports (because i want upgrade it later with the hdds out of my qnap with a second "pool and dataset")

but its driving me nuts not to see these files ;-)

kind regards
Markus

Last edited:

Artion

Patron
Hi, could you post the FN version, dataset and share settings you've used for your test?

ume2

Cadet
hi, im am using: FreeNAS-11.0-U1 (aa82cc58d)
there ar hundreds of setting, i used nearly the "standard"-settings. had hoped its a simple thing.

i use 4x 2tb HDDs in a mirror (kant see if its an 1+0 or 0+1 equivalent of ZFS (having 3.3 TB mirror "device")
only one dataset in there calles DataSet ;-) with lz4 activated
shared type is windows (cause am using windows mainly)

my share is a SMB share, called DataSMB, leading to these mirror-dataset, applied default permission is set to on.

Status
Not open for further replies.