Howto migrate plugin BTSync -> Resilio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schorsch

Dabbler
Hi,

I've seen Resilio showing up as new plugin. Have been using BTSync (happily and heavily) for two years and liked the easiness of the plugin update process. Has anybody migrated the jail to the Resilio plugin already? I expect some nastiness there such as having a different user resilio instead of btsync, having to re-share everything (a bit annoying even though it's only between 4 individuals), re-register the license (ok that will be easy) etc.
Has anybody done that? By winding down BTSync and installing Resilio from scratch or by some sort of true migration, i.e. without having to re-share? How have you done it and what is your experience?

Thanks much!
Schorsch

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you could try installing resilio to a new jail, then copying over the /var/db/btsync directory to /var/db/resilio

Schorsch

Dabbler
Thx! Is the user still btsync or do I have to chown?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
to be safe run this..

chown -R resilio:resilio /var/db/resilio

Schorsch

Dabbler
Will give it a try over the weekend!

betterfred

Cadet
It works.

Copied over the /var/db/btsync directory to /var/db/resilio (cp -Ra to preserve ownership) in the new jail. The Resilio plugin I downloaded today already had /var/db/resilio already owned by "btsync", same as the old plugin.

Switched the IP settings and mount point over, started the plugin, and was able to bring everything up without issue.

Schorsch

Dabbler
Very helpful to see btsync still is the user, thanks! I have not tried yet because I was unsure as regards user and other stuff had higher priority than experimenting here. Will migrate now as well though.

nickv2002

Cadet
I was able to migrate a handful of folders just by creating a new Resilio Plugin Jail then copying the Sync keys and paths over from my prior instance/other sync devices. Wasn't too difficult, trick is just to disconnect your old plugin's connection to each share first then copy the appropriate key from your desktop or other (local) client.

Status
Not open for further replies.