How to Upgrade from 9.2.1.3 to 9.2.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandmanZA

Dabbler
Hi all

How do I upgrade to the latest version - I am on 9.2.1.3.

Do I just download the upgrade Gui_Upgrade.txz file and apply or are there any intermediate steps ?

Yatti420

Wizard
Yep.. Check the sha256 hash is correct and then upload it.. Ofcourse backup your current config first..

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Step by step instructions for upgrading are in our documentation...

soundiego

Cadet
I upgraded to 9.2.1.7 and could not log in again in the WebGI. I selected option 7 in the server's menu and have tried every combination I could imagine: admin/freeness (user/password) was my fist attempt and didn't work. Since then I've tried all combinations between old user, admin and old and default passwords with no success.
Any clue?

soundiego

Cadet
It worked! How can I thank you?
But I don't understand what the option 7 "Reset Web GUI login credentials" does.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I've never used that option, so I can't say for sure. The manual says it's supposed to clear out the root password, so the next time you go to the WebGUI, you need to set it. Once you set the password, you'd log in with root and that password. If it didn't do that, you should probably file a bug report.

robles

Explorer
Yes, I used it 2 weeks ago. You use the console to reset the WebGUI password and the next time you access it, it asks you for a new one: the same setup you do when configuring a new FreeNAS instance.

ngacleetus

Cadet
Every time I try to upload from 9.1.3 it says "An error has occurred". Not sure what the issue is.

diedrichg

Wizard
Every time I try to upload from 9.1.3 it says "An error has occurred". Not sure what the issue is.
If you are using Firefox, try Chrome. If you are using Chrome, try Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.