How to recover from failed mirror process on boot drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveY

Contributor
Just built a new FreeNAS with 9.10.1 Everything working perfectly so I decided to add a second USB drive (Sandisk Cruzer Fit 16GB USB 2.0) for mirroring. The second drive errored out with a ton of CAM READ errors before it ever finished resilvering. Now I can't access the system anymore. The GUI never makes it to the log in screen. SSH hangs. I can still ping the box. And surprisingly the iSCSI service is still working!

I don't know why the system is hanging when I try to log in. The original boot device is still good no? Is there a way to get back into the system and see what's going on without rebooting?

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about

DaveY

Contributor
Have you tried disconnecting the second USB and booting with just the original? Also, did you make a backup copy of your config?
Yes, I unplugged the second USB so that the original "working" USB is the only device plugged in. Don't have a backup copy of the config. I know, what was I thinking??! It was a new build and I was waiting to get to a final system state before grabbing the config.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
If you feel daring, you can try the suggestion from this old post... Not sure how relevant it still is, but if you do try it and it works please comment in there (just in case someone comes across it in a search). If anyone gives smacks you for "necro'ing" the thread... blame me.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.