How to install Mediabrowser plugin and make it running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

embe

Dabbler
Hello, i am trying to make Mediabrowser plugin to work. I installed it but if i try to turn it on, i get a message "Some error occured"

Where should i start to get rid of this error? Is there some step by step tutorial how to set it up?

What i have found is that i am missing in services "plugin"and as far as i remember this was a part of Freenas 8.x, right?

I have also some old plugins which doesn't work and also not possible to start these, error says "Jail not found"

Could please someone help? Here are some screenshots:

scr01.jpg scr01.jpg

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
try installing another plugin and see if it works. it sounds like your issue is not specific to MediaBrowser.

check the jails configuration tab and see if your Jail Root is set correctly.

embe

Dabbler
Tried to install Firefly, Couchpotato, Plexmediaserver - installation OK but when trying to run them, same situation - Some error occured. Here is printscreen from jail config of the plugin Mediabrowser:

scr01.jpg scr02.jpg

Could you please point me out what to do? How can i resolve it? If you need more printscreens, just let me know which exactly....
Thanks!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
did you upgrade from FreeNAS 9.2 > 9.3?
Other people hit an issue where the jails were missing the 127.0.0.1 IP from their loopback (lo) interface so daemons couldn't bind to anything.

Can you should the output of the following from say, the CouchPotato jail
Code:
ifconfig
service couchpotato onestart

embe

Dabbler
Yes, i upgraded from 8.x to 9.2 and then to 9.3. I believe old plugins stopped working when upgraded from 8.x to 9.2 but i am not sure because i didn't use it too much for one or other reason. I was desperately waiting for MB plugin which i also donated because i love it.

So honestly, not much experience with Freenas, plugins,jails etc. I installed FreeNas and that's it, hardly set shares and since then i just used it as server. Before that i tried Win Server which i didn't like...

Based on above, to be honest, I am lost what are you talking about or in other words what should i do. I was even in panic when my Freenas crashed due to the fact that i deleted some Dataset which i thought will help me to delete old unused plugins. But it didn't and on top of that my Freenas didn't boot so i had to reinstall it. Luckily i had config file saved from 9.2 so i didn't need to set everything once again after 2 years because i hardly remember it when i install it 1st time.

So, i know it is annyoning but i would need some step by step help how to fix this issue and make MB plugin working...

Many thanks
martin

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
ahh, I see.

if you can't show the output of the two commands that's as far as I can help. maybe someone else can make it simpler.

embe

Dabbler
I would like to post the output but don't know how :( Let me please know where and how to do it and i will give it a try....

embe

Dabbler
So i reinstalled FreeNas from scratch and all OK now, MB is working finally

Status
Not open for further replies.