How to configure a cronjob with rsync in Freenas 8.0.1 GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carlosespitia

I'm totally lost with the rsync and cronjob in the 8.0.1 GUI, the rsync line: rsync -avh --delete /mnt/disk/ /mnt/backupdisk/ in shell works great, but in the GUI It doesn't, Should I use the System Cronjob with this command? or should I use the System Rsync? or should I use the Rsync in the services tab? I'm a little confuse with it, at the end Itried with all and the rsync just doesn't happens, any clue?

C

carlosespitia

Or at leat someone help me to configure the cronjob via shell,

I'm trying to put the 30 20 * * * rsync -avh --delete /mnt/disk/ /mnt/backupdisk/

command line into the "crontab -e" and then when I look at the "crontab -l" the cronjob appears,

But when the time comes, nothing happens, the rsync line without the cronjob works fine, but I don't know why the cronjobs just doesn't happens, it seems the cronjob is saved into /tmp/crontab.VKViLlBOrR file, Some help around plz?

C

carlosespitia

Finally this trouble is solved, the FreeNAS team helped me with it, it was only a path trouble with the rsync command, you have to use /usr/local/bin/rsync instead of rsync into the Cronjobs tab and the rsync cronjob will start to works normally.

Hope this helps someone with the same trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.