How to assign IP of 2nd interface range to jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik

Explorer
Hi all,

I have two interfaces in my freeness box. One has 10.32.1.34 (primary with default GW set to 10.32.1.1) and the other 10.32.4.34. I've installed the plex plugin and would like to assign the address 10.32.4.51 instead of the 10.32.1.51 that the jail got after installation.
I assume I need to get the bridge settings in the jail configuration set right, but I'm struggling with the configuration. Did somebody got this working and can share the correct settings with me?

Thanks in advance for helping.

- Nik

D

dlavigne

AFAIK, you cannot do this using Plugins. If you want more control over a jail, create a Plugins Jail and install the PBI into it. If you want to use a different network range, vimage must be checked when creating the jail and you should cross your fingers that the app to be installed into the jail works with vimage.

noprobs

Explorer
I am new to jails (but not FreeNAS) and have hit same issue - it appears that When creating a jail/install plugin the bridge is created on the physical interface which is used to access the GUI. In my case I want jail to use the VLAN 30 interface on em1 (not em0 or em2).

I am sure I am missing something but anyone know how to create a jail with a specified interface physical or vlan (for bridge). vimage - enabled?

bestboy

Contributor
I have the same issue: freenas box with 2 subnets.

I got it working using the following steps:

a. removed the epairXa from bridge0 that uses the first interface (ifconfig bridge0 deletem epairXa)
b. created a new bridge for the second subnet (ifconfig bridge1 create)
c. added epairXa to the new bridge (ifconfig bridge1 addm epairXa)
d. added the vlan of the second interface to the new bridge (ifconfig bridge1 addm vlanY)

Works okish, but the epair interface of the jail will be added to bridge0 again on restart :(

It would be nice, if we could simply select the bridge for a jail in the GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.