How I got SNMP to work on 2 Freenas's to control my Networked UPS

Snow

Patron
Well I got a new FN at the end of the year. I also was still using my old FN as well so the Usb Control was not a option any more.
I studied the FN Forums, NUT & UPSMON(8) info and did not find a way to make it work. I am using a Emerson Networked UPS LiebertGXT3-2000VA With a SNMP Card.
I did look up and down left and right on the FN forums and pretty much did not find any thing or it said it would not work.

So I was not ok with FN not having Full Control over my UPS. I pretty much tried all the SNMP Divers in the list and the only one I could get to do a Shutdown, Stop shutdown command and Power down commands was the Cyber Power System UPS 3 RMCARD 100. Other ones would do the Power Down Commands but would not stop it if power came back.

Hopefully This will save you some Hair pulling wall head bashing time. Also I needed to have my 2nd FN work as well. I did not put the other FN unit in to slave mode both FN are in master mode. Some info will be unique too your UPS Like Identifier/Host name, Port if your UPS SNMP Card uses a none stander SNMP port. It says Host name but will not work if you use your's here, Pretty much this is your ups's IP you want here. You want to point your Freenas at the UPS.

Links
NUT Network UPS Tool
UPSMON(8)
SNMP

Untitled.png