How do i solve this nextcloud jail matter?

Ceetan

Contributor
Hi all. Long time no post !

I have a nextcloud instalation based on this script and it is running smoothly. I currently hace a single dataset where I store the files. However I would like to cloudstore a particular file in another dataset , that I want to do regular snapshots on. I whould rather not snapshot all my Next-clouded files. Is it possible to direct a nextcloud uders storage to another dataset or is there another way to solve this?

Ceetan

Contributor

gt2416

Patron
You can mount a local folder as an external storage in NextCloud.

Ceetan

Contributor
That doesn't seem to be too easy though. I looked up a guide but it seems something is off with my installation. Even though I'm logging in as an admin, the admin tab doesn't appear from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner. And I've been given to understand that's where you add external storage. Is that correct?

gt2416

Patron
On the right corner menu there is no admin tab, go to settings and then external storage's. There are 2 external storage tabs, one is under the personal sub heading and the other is under the Administration menu.
New Bitmap Image.png

Ceetan

Contributor
On the right corner menu there is no admin tab, go to settings and then external storage's. There are 2 external storage tabs, one is under the personal sub heading and the other is under the Administration menu.
View attachment 33587

Gee...am I blind or what. Thanks.