How do I clone a zvol through the api?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Smith

Cadet
Does anyone know if the FN api implements the equivalent of the command line 'zfs clone snapshot_path new_zvol_path'?

Background: We have a bunch of FN zvol provisioned iSCSI LUNs presented to our servers from which I need to provision out copies to other servers. I seem to be able to do the whole chain of create snapshot| clone the r/o snapshot to a new r/w zvol| create extent and then finally create extent/target mapping - except for the actual 'create zvol from snapshot' bit which seems to be undocumented in the api although, presumably, it can be done as the operation is available in the gui.

D

dlavigne

I'm not seeing anything documented in the API either. Please create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org asking for it to either be added to the API (if it is indeed missing) or documented in the API, and post the issue number here.

Rob Smith

Cadet
Thanks for the quick reply - I've added the feature request as recommended . Issue 8308 refers.

bigphil

Patron
I would second this request. I'm working on some application aware backup scripts for Microsoft Exchange and SQL that need this in the REST api.

Status
Not open for further replies.