How can I see what data ZFS has resilvered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rootadmin

Cadet
Code:
scan: resilvered 14.7M in 0h0m with 0 errors on Fri Nov 22 15:05:35 2013

So is there a way to see what files it resilvered? I need to know because I was using non-ECC memory at that time and want to make sure it didn't corrupt 14.7M of my data. It's a 2 TB zpool so hunting down that 14 MB myself may be a tad time consuming :confused:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not that I know of. WHat's the history of your server? It sounds like at some point one of your disk wasn't attached to the computer, you realized your mistake and shutdown the machine and put the disk back in.

rootadmin

Cadet
Thanks for the answer, I figured there wouldn't be a way to find out.

If I recall correctly, it resilvered that data after a bad shutdown. I think the system was hung and I had to manually cut the power.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Thanks for the answer, I figured there wouldn't be a way to find out.

If I recall correctly, it resilvered that data after a bad shutdown. I think the system was hung and I had to manually cut the power.

If that is the cause then you aren't using a HBA adapter like you should. The drives should only be needing resilvering if a disk is being replaced or you did something like bootup without a drive attached to the system. HBAs don't have on-card caches that mess with ZFS. If you aren't using an HBA what is likely to happen(this has happened to many others) is they'll do a reset someday and the pool will be corrupted beyond the ability to mount it. AKA, kiss your pool goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.