Host name/netbios mismatch, domain short name/workgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlovelace

Guru
Updating the host name in system settings passes the new hostname to the cifs settings hostname but not to the netbios name in active directory > advanced tab, which leads to a dns/netbios mismatch.

Also, when adding the domain name in directory services > active directory the domain short name is not passed to the cifs settings workgroup (example.com >> workgroup=EXAMPLE).

Thomymaster

Contributor
OK i just read this.

But wouldn't it be good if ActiveDirectory is ued unter "Authentication Services", that the field for the short name under "CIFS" is automatically filled with the value from the AD settings and that further, the field is greyed out so that the user cannot modify it (unless setting any other service under "Authentication Services")? ;)

Mlovelace

Guru
OK i just read this.

But wouldn't it be good if ActiveDirectory is ued unter "Authentication Services", that the field for the short name under "CIFS" is automatically filled with the value from the AD settings and that further, the field is greyed out so that the user cannot modify it (unless setting any other service under "Authentication Services")? ;)
I would agree. I had to update the cifs workgroup field and netbios name manually, after that I had no issues with AD integration.

Thomymaster

Contributor
OK can you please post this to the bug report? I cannot do this (probably since i'm not the owner of the ticket).

Mlovelace

Guru
Per the developers, it's currently working as intended. ;) You can submit you suggestion as a feature request and see if they respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.