Hi from the new guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogartz

Dabbler
Hi All,
New guy to FreeNAS hoping to learn more. I've a little knowledge of storage basics, I've used Ubuntu, OMV, and had a WHS2011 machine as well but wanted to try something new. I've had my WHS2011 for several years and for the most part it has worked pretty well, setup was easy and never really had any issues except support has gone away so I decided to look elsewhere. I've tried a few other things as mentioned and I think I just got bored and wanted to tear a computer apart again and decided to try FreeNAS.

I'm a Software Quality Engineer - Rocket Science, yes I had to throw in the Rocket Science because well, that's what my official title is. I work for a company that launches rockets into space. I work with software developers and do some development to help out and work on testing the flight, ground, and any other software specific to the missions. I've worked on and built computers for many years (about 20+) so I can get around a PC ok. I have a Software Programming Degree and really just enjoy Tech.

JTBTek

Dabbler
Welcome to FreeNAS. I new to freenas as well, but between the fantastic documentation and the active community it has been an awesome experience. Hope you have the same outcome. Good Luck, see you in the forums.

Bogartz

Dabbler
Thanks JT, yeah I've done my fair share of prowling through reads for years and have always just found myself going a different route. From what I have read there's great support so I'm hoping to give and receive some of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.