[HELP] Slowness Freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

valentin_55

Dabbler
Hello everyone.

I come to you because I meet a surprising problem. Let me explain:

As part of an IT project (with SAN replication), I use two completely identical servers (Dell PowerEdge 2900), and adjusted the same way.

The version of Freenas used on both servers is the FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p2. The installation is done on a USB key (the two are identical and new) and the problem is the same in 32 or 64 bits.

On my first server, the interface Freenas is very slow, it takes a long time to react and show what is asked. Sometimes errors occur because the loading of the interface has failed. Same, access CIFS share is slow.

While the second, everything works perfectly, is fast and fluid.

I tried installing on an internal hard drive, the problem is the same.

Where can come from this problem? How to solve it?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Valentin.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
can you post the errors? Also can you try accessing the gui while also running 'top' from the commandline and watch the cpu usage and if there are any rogue processes.

You want to isolate the problem, either nginx, the network, or cpu.

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi valentin_55,

If you are still in the testing phase can you see what happens if you swap USB keys between the two servers? Does the slow one turn fast? The fast one turn slow? If the slowness follows the USB key then I would bin that key and try a different one. If the slow one stays slow I'd explore exactly what is different between them.

-Will

valentin_55

Dabbler
Hello!

Problem not really solved, but circumvented.

In fact the problem was with the network interface, I plugged my cable on the second network interface, I set it, and everything is back to normal.

Well, thank you for all.

HS: If someone has the time to answer me: How use a tape drive on freenas for sharing with iSCSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.