Help getting image from Corral VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireguy0306

Dabbler
I have an Seafile VM that was running on Corral (Ubuntu 16.04). I see the ZVOL that existed, but i can't get it to mount or attach to a new VM. I'd really rather not have to rebuild the VM, while i could it would be a PITA.

The ZVOL is at /dev/zvol/FastArray/vm/seafile/os but unlike my boot2docker vm there is no storage.img the folder, this looks to be a normal zvol. I have tried to mount it to a folder, no luck. Tried to mount it to a new VM, no luck. Any chance of saving this? Luckily the actual files i need are on another area of the disk, it's really the seafile config i'd really not like to have to rebuild as the library's would suck to rebuild.

D

dlavigne

Have you tried this note from the VM chapter of the 11.0 Guide?

VMs from other virtual machine systems can be recreated for use in FreeNAS®. Back up the original VM, then create a new FreeNAS® VM with virtual hardware as close as possible to the original VM. Binary-copy the disk image data into the zvol created for the FreeNAS® VM with a tool that operates at the level of disk blocks, like dd(1). For some VM systems, it is best to back up data, install the operating system from scratch in a new FreeNAS® VM, and restore the data into the new VM.

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
Have you tried making a new VM from scratch with the same version of Linux, then attaching the zvol you want the configuration from by connecting it as a second disk? You should be able to mount the zvol and access the files.

You likely will need to simply start over, I've been trying to do a vm with FreeNAS 11 in a lab VM and the state of the virtual machine functionality is very poor. I don't know if you have tried a fresh vm to see if you can get any VM to work. Your problem may be with the vm issues with FreeNAS 11 and not the zvol.

So far FreeNAS 11 is not even as good as Corral with VMs, at least that is what I've found in my experimentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.