Hello from New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybena

Dabbler
I've been using Linux for about a year now as a daily driver and really enjoy the open source community.

I have just installed freeNas on an x hp server, 12gb of ram and 4x drive bay.
Followed some helpful guides and have it running, I have just added Nextcloud as an add on and have that running. It takes me ages to do anything on here but I enjoy learning.

paulj666

Cadet
Hi and welcome Rybena,
I see you are using a HP Server same as me what model are you using?
I have a Proliant 1610T microserver with 8GB ram and only 2 x 3TB WD Red Drives.
My freeNAS is running from 2x16 GB USB sticks mirrored.
I have installed Plex,Transmission,SABnzbd, CouchPotato and SickRage.
Plex is working great and it looks as though Transmission,SABnzbd and Couch Potato are too but I'm having a few errors in SickRage that I need to solve.
Biggest problem I've got is that I've been retired from IT for 13 years and have forgotten a lot of the command line options. It's comming back to me slowly and my wife reckons that it's the best thing I have done since I retired.
Paul

Rybena

Dabbler
Hi Paul

I am using an HP Proliant ML110 G7, I was given it and told that the inbuilt raid card was damaged but it turned out to be 1 of the hard drives failing, I have turned off the raid feature in the bios as I don't know much about it, it reads the disks now as regular hard drives.

Do you use 2x usb sticks in case one fails?

I have installed Nextcloud as a plug-in and have it working locally, I don't need to connect to it off-site, it works well and is neat to be able to set that kind of thing up.
I'm learning command line by watching videos and reading post and have found I'm understanding it but there seem so many commands to learn .

I only have 2x 250gb drives as that's all I have but would like 2 more so I can use the zfs feature that comes with freeNas.

Ry

Status
Not open for further replies.